Sunday, October 9, 2011

Russian Kettlebells

I've been seriously trying to get in shape for a little over a year now. I've been very committed to it and still have a long way to go but one my new favorite things for exercising is this:
I'm not sure how long I have been using the kettlebell, maybe a few months, but now I have my own and I love it. I love it because it helps me achieve a great workout. I love it because it is not easy, but quite a challenge for me mastering some of the exercises. I love it because I want to excel at everything I can do with this heavy hunk of metal. We got back from a long day at the St Louis zoo and the whole way home, all I could think about was what kind of workout I could get in. After unpacking and throwing a load of laundry in, I grabbed my kettle bell out of the back of my car (properly of course) and proceeded to the backyard to kick out a great workout in a little over 20 minutes. I did push myself and in that time I was completely sweated through my shirt and ready t call it a night. I liked that Rachael watched me and helped me count and write down my exercises for me. She was great motivation too because I wanted to show her how I could keep going. She watches what I do, she mimics me a lot and I want her to know how rewarding taking care of yourself can be! One last thing, 6 days until warriordash. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment