Friday, January 27, 2012

Fears

It's funny to me how God speaks to us when we are not even seeking him necessarily. This has been happening a lot to me lately. I will be thinking of something and all of a sudden I read something that has to do particularly with the subject. I will be nervous about something, and instantly when I check my email, there is an encouraging note from a friend. The other day I was feeling so alone, and then I went to the mailbox and voila.....there was a funny card in there from a friend that I hadn't said a word to! Coincidence? Maybe... If you aren't a believer. I personally think it is God working through other people. God has put a lot of these "angels" into my life. I do not use that word lightly. I do have friends, but I have a few friends that our life paths just "happened" to cross that have been angels in disguise. The funny thing is, they don't even really know how God is using them! I halfway expect them to just vanish into thin air one day, like it was a figment of my imagination. This is how special these "angels" are to me. They remind me that God is not far away.

I got off a little bit on a tangent there. My point today was another "encounter" with the Lord. All day long I have had my head buried in a book and notes, every so often taking a break to grab some water, do some laundry and check email...hoping someone will get back to me about a job. Well, I've been extremely anxious about this test I will be taking I. The next couple of weeks. I believe I am almost ready and I am in the review and make sure I know everything stage, going over notes, review questions, etc. my plan is by the end of the weekend take the practice exam and see if I'm ready and then sign up for the exam. I'm hoping once I get through this, it will help with new work opportunities. Education is never ending in my mind. Ok, back to the point. I'm a little scared. I have been lately, and a little nervous. It's fine, I'm focused.. But just have that nervous sickness in my stomach all the time lately. Now, part of this could be due to the fact our house has yet to sell, and money is tight, etc...but nonetheless...scared.

So, I take a break just a few minutes ago and unpack a box from the garage. In it, I find a day by day devotional and decide, what the heck, haven't read this one in a while. I read one of the daily devos. Well, let me share what it says.:

"I, The Lord your God, hold your right hand and say to you, "Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

Then it goes on to say:
It's ok with god for you to be scared to death. He recognizes our fears and our insecurities. I feel like the spirit of God sometimes says to me, "you know Beth, I understand that you're not very happy about this. I understand that you may be crying over this. Cry, shake, whatever--but do my will child. Do my will. I have victory for you."
So even though you may be afraid about many things, don't be afraid to allow God to do his work in you, looking into the deepest part of your heart and releasing freedom in your life, teaching you how to live in victory.

Well, that was it.... Another coincidence? Maybe... But I don't believe it is. Thank you Jesus for giving me angels as new friends and giving yourself to me to calm my fears!

Suz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment