Saturday, January 14, 2012

A little extra motivation

Today was tough. I woke up with a head cold. I wanted to get to the gym and get my workout in, but the more the morning progressed, the less likely it was looking. I finally just announced to the kids that I was going to workout. After which, I threw another load of laundry in, started cleaning the kitchen until finally , one of them said "mom, I thought you were going to workout!" That got me out the door pretty quick. Funny thing is, I almost always want to workout. I really do enjoy it! As a matter of fact, it is one of the things I loom forward to most in my day! Today though, I just didn't have the proper mindset. I was a little frustrated and annoyed I think, and I was looking for a reason not to. The cold, well, that was an OK excuse, but not good enough. Since I'm really trying to stick to the No Excuses that I was speaking about the other day, it seems silly that excuses even cross my mind. Thank goodness for the extra push and motivation I needed to get me out the door.

I believe that sometimes if you need a little push, announcing your plans, your goals, outloud, helps. It helped today! I announced I was going to the gym,..and when I dilly dallied around, I was very thankful to be reminded that I was heading to the gym.

When I got there, I knew exactly what workout I was doing and I took the frustrations, the anxiety, the sadness...whatever..and I pushed it out in the weights. It felt so good. I felt strong and during the workout actually envisioned a little competition with myself. Got me through til the end. I will say I won! I felt like a winner and when I left the gym, I knew I had given everything I had. I decided on my drive home not to let what was bothering me bother me anymore. I have learned pretty well not to let other people dictate how I feel, I just needed a little reminder today and it was fine.

I did make a new little recipe when I got home. Threw some chicken diced up small in a pan and cooked through,and then added a little organic teriyaki sauce I found with sugar or anything. I was excited! Anyway, a couple tablespoons mixed with the meat and then placed in some romaine with a little fresh pico de gallo....yes! I will eat this again! It is awesome and simple and healthy!
The rest of my day, a lot of reading, cleaning, and blowing my nose but it's fine. Not much more, but I'll be fine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment